Recommendations from Report on the activities of certain vehicle examiners contracted by the Department of Transport tabled on 24 January 2017.
The Commission recommends:
- developing of a system of predictive analytics;
- obtaining photographic evidence of vehicle examinations;
- broadening compliance activities;
- rigorous audit of invoices against TRELIS;
- increasing physical and technical resources;
- enhancing training and integrity awareness provided to contractual partners; and
- creating a 'dob-in line'.